Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sorrento


Thursday we traveled by train to Naples and then by bus to Sorrento. Sorrento is by far my favorite place we have visited thus far. The hotel we are staying at is Concha Park which has beautiful lounge areas, a pool, and all together wonderful scenery. I feel as though Italy is a tourist country in general, but this is by far a great location for a hotel because it's not a ridiculous amount of people. There are lovely shops and the town is right near the water. The only downfall is I do not have the best wi-fi so I can't really skype, facebook, tweet, blog, etc. as much as I would like.

On that note, something I love about being here and not having my phone on is that I feel like I am forced to connect with the world that immediately surrounds me and not what's going on in Gainesville or with my friend in Georgia, etc. When I am walking around Florence I am enjoying the beautiful scenery and not texting and tweeting and seeing nothing but the screen of my iPhone. Until next time!

Ciao!
Alisa

No comments:

Post a Comment