Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Siena and San Gimignano



I didn't get a chance to post yesterday so I will fill you in on a little bit on my trip to beautiful Siena. Siena greatly celebrates their history of the medieval time period. There is a lot of the original architecture of the town still standing. Also, horse races take place there. We went on a tour around the town and then enjoyed some pizza and gelato.

Later, we hopped back on the bus and then took a trip to the countryside to visit San Gimignano. I walked through a beautiful art gallery in the town and even enjoyed "The World's Best Gelato."(I really do think it is the world's best) Yes, I know 2 servings of gelato in one day? Yes, and it was very tasty. There was beautiful scenery overlooking vineyards and such (pictures coming soon).

After returning to Florence, after an interesting bus ride I might add, I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Trattoria Anita. On the way, an American saw my roommmate and I staring at a map confused and immediately helped. We found our way there for an amazing dinner. I had wonderful pasta with bacon and peas, grilled chicken, and mashed potatoes. I don't know how to say any of that in Italian to make it more fancy, but whatever the case may be.

Later, we went to a bar and met some very nice bartenders, one of them was Australian. We had a lot of fun, and I have made some new friends in the wonderful Gator Nation. Those pictures are also coming soon!

In about half an hour I am going to see the end of the bicycling of the Tour de Italia. I am not really sure if that is the name of the place, but yeah it should be fun and the weather is pretty nice outside. That's all for now!

Ciao!
Alisa

No comments:

Post a Comment